Thursday, November 6, 2008

College, Spirits and Stuff

Today was a rather, well, freaky-interesting day in class. During math period, all was well in college world when suddenly bimbo (read previous post) talked (LOUDLY, might I add) about a comedy or horror movie she watched recently, which my ever-sporting lecturer eagerly commented on. Soon the conversation shifted from movies to spirits to those spirit "games" school kids play. You know the ones where you ask a question and the spirit answers...

Yeah, so lecturer is very familiar with said game and Googles for more details with bimbo urging him on (LOUDLY). Few minutes later, Mr. Lecturer hunts the room for items he can use to demonstrate his find. He digs up a piece of thread from somewhere and a coin-shaped-metal-disc-like
thing lol. He ties the string to the CSMDLT.

I must admit I was kinda shaken. So anyway, Mr. Lecturer wraps the string around his finger and dangles CSMDLT in the air. He focuses on a question and we wait in silence. Silence broke for a second by bimbo running to turn off the air conditioner so our "experiment" won't be affected my air movement lol. Anyway, silence resumes and before long he CSMDLT starts to spin!! Spin, dammit! His finger wasn't moving. The air conditioner was turned off. The door and windows were completely shut. The air was seriously still. AND IT SPUN, DAMMIT!

(okay, I must sound very lame right about now but in my defence, I was brought up protected and sheltered and I have never dabbled in the realm of the unknown spirits. So you can imagine my shock)

Anyhoo, after the coin stops spinning, we asked him what he asked the spirit of the CSMDLT and and he said he asked whether it was raining outside and the coin said no by spinning. It was right. If it wanted to say "yes" it would swing from side to side in the air. So anyway another girl in class tried to ask the coin a yes or no question (Is my name blah..) but no answer.

So anyway moving on, bimbo's turn to ask a question. Coin starts to swing. Yes. What was the question? Am I fat? LOL another guy asks a question. Coin swings again. Yes. What was the question? Something about what he ate. lol

More questions about exam results and the like until period ends. The answer were pretty much expected so maybe its um true? hehe

Gulps. Don't try this at home! If you do, don't call me :D

No comments: