Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Just for the sake of an update

We (my family and I) attended a wedding reception (parents’ friend, not mine) just a couple of days ago. Just a heads up, this blog contains no shots of the newly weds simply because they were too far. Well not really. I’m just making excuses for my incompetent blogging. The real reason is I FORGOT =p

Amanda strutting her stuff on the red carpet

We were seated at table lucky number 7. We, my sister and I, were the only “youngsters” in their midst. The first thought that crossed our minds was this: Old goons eat little, more for us *big grins*. Note: We love food. Anyway knowing how late Malaysians arrive (we are definitely no exception), I looked around the table for something to entertain myself and this was what I found:

Roger and Kai Yen’s Love Story
(Their first date AND wedding proposal were at the beach. Good ol’
Damai Beach
)

And *drum roll* THIS!!!

The almighty MENU!!! =p
No shots of the actual food were taken. We were busy stuffing our faces =D

As for the drinks, we get to choose between Chinese tea, orange and coke.

Thus begins the story of the never-ending flow…

A wanted orange and I coke. When the drinks came, she decided that she didn’t really like the orange. SO, instead of requesting for a change, silly A kept drinking her orange till the glass was near empty hoping that then she can change. It never gets empty though because the efficient lady-in-waiting kept re-filling her glass. Gee, how frustrated A must be… A finally took daddy’s empty goblet and requested for coke instead of the lousy orange. And A drank happily ever after. The end

Amanda has her Coke!

Roger and Kai Yen wanted to celebrate their love that night by sharing it. And by sharing, they provided each table with roses. The husband is meant to give one of the roses to their wives. Now ain’t that sweet. Well if you know even two cents about my dad, that ain’t the case. But he did it anyway. Casually, might I add…

Mum happily waves her rose

Lots of talk later, A and I had to find entertainment. Yes, we are restless people.

Give us credit for creativity. We played dress-up with Rose! (We even named her)

But Rose isn’t the only one we played dress-up with that night =D

My dog, the Godfather

And now for the grand finale…

And just for kicks...



5 comments:

Sam said...

Finally an update!!!
You go to weddings for very good reason.
Free Food!
[Malaysianmalaysianmalaysianmalaysian]

Andrea said...

Malaysiana are famour for 2 things:
FOOD
and being late =D

Tabitha Rani said...

oi! i wanna see your pic! not a censored one! beyonce cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirely said...

Were u lyk 14 wen u took tht pic? so thin o! lolz

amy said...

i checked. rechecked. n checked again to make sure i wasnt seeing things.. manda's wearing a skirt o.O !! call me kuno..but this really is a first for me. haha. very leng-loi.